Friday, January 6, 2012

So it begins...

I am going to read 50 books this year. Last year I ended at 38, which I think is a damn good number considering I started my pledge a little late. This year, my 50 Book Pledge is set up and ready to go. I'm already halfway through my first book. My goal to go along with this goal, will be to write a review for each book I read. As a writer, I like to find things to write about and I'm not sure why I never thought to write book reviews. There are a few book I read last year that I'd love to write reviews for, so those will probably end up here as well. Pretty much - I want to write and since I'm reading so much, I should bring them together.

I haven't made a list of the 50 books I plan to read yet, and I probably won't. I'm the kind of person that just goes to the book store and grabs something new, most of the time it's something I've never even heard of from an author I've never heard of. I'm not normally disappointed either. Last year I read some incredible books. The Hunger Games started my kick on dystopian Young Adult novels and I haven't looked back. Most of the books I've been reading are Young Adult, which is good since the novel I'm writing also falls into that genre. There are other books that hold special places in my heart as well. The Lord Of The Rings will always be one of my favourites. I read it in high school and loved it! I was pretty obsessed around the time the movies came out as well. I've read a lot of books by Nicholas Sparks and Sophie Kinsella and am also a big fan of the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent.

There are still a lot of books out there to read and I can't wait to explore the unknown worlds that authors will be bound to take me to. Before I go, here's a few of the books I read last year that really stuck out to me. Any recommendations are also very, very welcome!

My Soul To Steal
The Forest of Hands and Teeth
The Dead-tossed waves
The Dark and Hollow Places
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay
I Am Number Four
If I Die
The Power Of Six
Delirium
Looking For Alaska
Divergent


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts