Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Beginnings and Endings



Top Ten Tuesday is an original meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic to write a list about. Me being a fan of lists, I try to do this as much as possible!


This week's topic is Top Ten Beginnings/Endings of books. I've decided to do 5 opening lines and 5 closing lines. Let's hope I can remember all of my favourites!


Back to the start

"They say that before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes, but that's not how it happened for me." - Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

"Ok. Don't panic. Don't panic. It's only a VISA bill. It's a piece of paper, a few numbers. I mean, just how scary can a few numbers be?" - Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

"Everyone thinks it's because of the snow. And it a way, I suppose that's true." - If I Stay by Gayle Forman

"Four years, two suicides, one death, one rape, two pregnancies (one abortion), three overdoses, countless drunken antics, pantings, spilled food, theft, fights, broken limbs, turf wars - every day, a turf war - six months until graduation and no one gets a medal when they get out. But everything you do here counts. High school." - Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers

"The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not.” - The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern




 This is the end

 (warning! some spoilers ahead!)

“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.” The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Thomas Edison's last words were: 'It's very beautiful over there.' I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful." - Looking for Alaska by John Green

"Because no matter how I looked then, broken and wild on the floor, for the first time since that night in the asylum, my biggest problem wasn't that I was losing my mind. Or even that I was a murderer. It was that Jude was still alive." - The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

"But there are much worse games to play." - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

"Marks think they can get something for nothing. Marks think they can get what they don't deserve, and could never deserve. Marks are stupid, and pathetic, and sad. Marks think they're going to go home one night and have the girl the loved since they were a kid suddenly love them back. Marks forget that whenever something's too good to be true, that's because it's a con." - White Cat by Holly Black



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts