The Broke and the Bookish where we make lists about bookish topics.
This week is Halloween week. Halloween is seriously my favourite holiday, so I had to make sure I actually came onto my blog to make this list. This week is a freebie, so it's pretty much anything goes, so my list will be some fun, scary books that remind me of Halloween. Get ready to sleep with the lights on!
1. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - Part ghost story, part love
story, this one kept me on the edge of my seat and scared me silly.
2. This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers - Zombies at their best. Summers
effortlessly weaves together a story that could be real. A girl who
doesn't want to fight to survive, but ends up surprising herself by how
hard she fights for her friends.
3. Rooms by Lauren Oliver - Told from many perspectives, two of which are ghosts, this tells the story of a dysfunctional family and the house they live in. Super cool and creepy.
4. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma - This book is just creepy. After
finishing it, I still wasn't sure what had happened and it stayed with
me for nights after. Perfect for Halloween.
5. Hexed by Michelle Krys - Gotta have a witch tale on here. This one isn't
really scary, but witches equal Halloween to me. This one has some
Buffy elements and some cool witchcraft to make for an entertaining
6. The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe - A virus infects a small island and quickly spreads to the rest of Canada, then the world. Scary enough right?
7. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan - A zombie book that takes place long after the apocalypse in a town that's starting over. Very old-fashioned and backwards and Mary will do anything to get out of it, even if that means crossing the fence into the unknown. Creepy at its best, and the sequels are amazing as well!
8. My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent - Demons, pure evil, and a seventeen-year-old girl trying to stop them from destroying her high school. One of my favourite series still and perfect if you want a little creep factor in your life.
9. Dracula by Bram Stoker - Because you gotta get a classic in there. If there's any vampire to be scared of, it's Dracula. Old school creepy.
And lastly, one that's on my list to read this year...
10. The Fall by Bethany Griffin - Her retelling of The Mask of the Red Death was dark and creepy, so I'm sure this one, a retelling of The Fall of the House of Usher will be just as good. Just gotta find time to read it now!
I hope everyone will pick up a spooky book this week or at least watch something scary. Happy Halloween all!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's topic is: Top 10 Favorite Authors In X Genre...
Yay it's Tuesday! That means it's time for Top Ten Tuesday, the wonderful weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This...
Book #20: The Fault In Our Stars Author: John Green Published: January 10, 2012 313 pages 5 Gold Stars (summary from Goodreads) Di...
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. T...