Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Novellas: A Perfect Companion

Novellas have to easily be my favourite extras to a series. They give the author a chance to dive back into their world in a new way. Most of the time the novellas are told from a different viewpoint and it gives us, the readers, the chance to see into the minds of other characters we love. It also makes the year long wait for the next instalment a bit more bearable.

Here are some of my favourite short stories. (All have been read in E book format as that is usually the only way they are available.)




Reaper by Rachel Vincent (Soul Screamers): Told from Tod's point of view and taking place before the actual series starts, we get the back story that changes everything. This was the turning point for me where my love for Tod became too much to hide.




Hana by Lauren Oliver (Delirium): Who wouldn't want to know what went through Lena's best friend Hana's mind during Delirium? Hana has been excited or the cure, desperate to stop the disease, but she soon discovers how intriguing love can be. Hana's adventures are just as intense as Lena's and we get to see another side to this emotional story.




Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa (The Iron Fey): As much as I love Ash, Puck's story was so much fun to read. His quirks and puns make him so loveable and it's certainly interesting in this guy's head.




Never To Sleep by Rachel Vincent (Soul Screamers): Okay, I just love everything Rachel Vincent writes and she has made me like evil Sophie. She gets a real taste of what Kaylee goes through on a regular basis and it helps her understand her cousin a little better. There was no way I could hate her after reading her story.







And a few that I can't wait to read:





Breathless by Sophie Jordan (Firelight) A love story about Az, Jacinda's best friend, involving her falling in love with a human? Um, yes please!




Roar And Liv by Veronica Rossi (Under The Never Sky): Back stories are my favourite. You get to learn so much about characters and see them in a whole new light. I can't wait to read the love story between two of the minor characters in Under The Never Sky.





Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me): Even though I'm not a huge fan of Warner, I'm still curious to hear his story.





The Legacies by Pittacus Lore (Lorien Legacies): Though I still haven't picked up The Rise Of Nine, I'm still very interested in this series and would love to read about the other legacies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts