Monday, August 12, 2013

A to Z Survey

This is an awesome survey that Jaimie  from The Perpetual Page-Turner put together. I'm obsessed with surveys, so I knew I had to fill this out!



Author you’ve read the most books from:
Nicholas Sparks and Rachel Vincent

Best sequel ever:
Catching Fire (can't wait for the movie!)

Currently Reading:
The Mockingbirds By Daisy Whitney

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Tea

E-Reader of Physical Book?
Forever physical books. I love dog earring pages and looking to see how many pages I have left. Not quite the same with an e-book

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School: 
I liked my skinny rocker boys, so I'd have to go with Adam from If I Stay or Will from Masque of the Red Death

Glad you gave this book a chance:
The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe. Great Canadian author!

Hidden Gem Book:
Inside Out by Maria. V. Snyder

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
I'll have to say it was reading The Lord of the Rings in high school. I didn't know what true literature was until I read those books and it was hard for me to read anything similar (I didn't finish the Harry Potter series because I found it to be a slight ripoff) Also, reading The Hunger Games opened me up to the world of YA, which I love and now write for. 

Just Finished: 
 The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp

 Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
Anything related to Fifty Shades of Grey and most books that are compared to Twilight. I couldn't even finish it, so I don't want to read anything like it!

Longest Book You’ve Read:
Most likely The Lord of the Rings. I tend to avoid large books

Major book hangover because of:
Insurgent, every book in the Soul Screamers series and This is Not a Test

Number of Bookcases You Own:
Three, but I'm not taking them with me when I move. I'm hoping to purchase a nice big one!

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
I don't re-read many books (though I keep meaning too!) so I'll have to go with Alice's Adventures in Wonderland because I could read that every day!

 Preferred Place To Read:
My bed or outside in the sun

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations" - The Fault in Our Stars

Reading Regret:
Beautiful Disaster. What a waste of time. Yes!

 Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
The Mortal Instruments
The Gemma Doyle Trilogy

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
The Hunger Games
The Lord of the Rings
This is Not a Test/ If I Die (it's a tie)

Unapologetic Fangirl For: 
Rachel Vincent and Courtney Summers

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
Allegiant! 

Worst Bookish Habit:
I buy em faster than I can read em

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Wither by Lauren DeStefano

Your latest book purchase:
Truly, Madly, Deeply/ The Disenchantments/ The Mockingbirds

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Canary by Rachele Alpine


1 comment:

  1. Skinny rocker boys!!! I love you! *ahem* ^^'' And If-I-Stay-Adam is wonderful :) So is Will!
    The Lord of the Rings was kind of a gamechanger for me too. I think because it's been soooo long since I last read the books (almost 10 years) I forget just how huuuge of an impact they had on me at the time.
    Divergent/Insurgent gave me book hangovers too! I've heard many people say they weren't so impressed with Insurgent but I thought it was a great and realistic sequel.
    Beautiful Disaster was a total waste. I have to metaphorically sit on my mouth whenever I see a glowing review. Saying something about it is not worth the fight with the Travis fangirls and I don't need any drama...
    I really want to read The Mockingbirds by the way! Looking forward to reading what you thought of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts