Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday: Books that will make you cry
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we discuss bookish topics every week.
This week's topic is Top ten books that will make you cry
1. The Fault in Our Stars - John Green: This is the perfect book. Yes you'll cry, you may even throw it across the room, but boy will you be glad you read it.
2. The Sky is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson: Grief and acceptance are huge parts of this book. You'll laugh and cry and end up with a warm fuzzy feeling when you're done.
3. If I Stay - Gayle Foreman: A girl in a coma looking at her life and deciding if she should keep on living or not. Need I say more?
4. Send Me a Sign - Tiffany Schmidt: Another cancer book because these ones make me bawl. This one is wonderfully written and has stayed with me long after reading it.
5. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks: I watched the movie first (many a times) and when I finally read the book I thought I'd be prepared for what I knew would come. I was not. Needless to say my pages are wrinkled from my tears now.
6. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell: These two kids got to me. Eleanor's home life was awful and there was nothing Park could do to save her. The ending killed me. I want a re-write!
7. Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers: Awful things happen to people who used to be awful. But some people change! The agony I felt for the character in this book, as well as all of Summers' others is so real that I thought it was happening to me.
8. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: I'm sure if I cried the first time (probably) but I definitely cried the second time I read this book. Why, Suzanne, why?
9. The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan: He's an evil man and I should really read The House of Hades so I can control these feels.
10. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver: I wanted a different ending so badly for this book even though I knew it was impossible. Amazing prose, amazing characters, and still one of my favourite Oliver books to this day.
Who doesn't love a good cry? What are some of your favourite tearjerkers?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we make booksih lists about bookish things. This week's...
I was so pleased when I stumbled upon The Way We Fall at Shopper's Drug Mart one day. Not only did the plot sound enticing and fri...
Wink, Poppy, Midnight Author: April Genevieve Tucholke Published: March 22, 2016 Hardcover, 247 pages 4 Gold Stars (summary from Goo...
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . Every week they post a new topic that the participants come u...