Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Top Ten Tuesdays: Books & Movies to get into the Halloween Spirit
Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Lists are fun, especially Halloween ones.
This week's topic is:
Top ten books and music to help get you into the Halloween spirit
1. Dracula by Bram Stoker: Book or movie, this one is a classic. The one and only vampire!
2. Fun Size: Not a scary movie at all, but it's got the fun feel that we all felt when we went out trick-or-treating as kids. And it also has the fun feel of when you're older and going to parties for Halloween.
3. Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin: She's taken a classic Edgar Allan Poe story and weaved into a dystopian, virus book, and she's done a fantastic job with it. Nice and creepy for Halloween.
4. The Conjuring: A very good scary movie that gets me every time I watch it.
5. Coraline by Neil Gaiman: The movie was spine chilling and I'm sure the book is just as creepy (haven't had a chance to read it yet!)
6. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers: Zombies! Seriously the best zombie book I've read. I encourage everyone to pick this one up!
7. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan: The second best zombie book I've read. This series was so scary from beginning to end, but it was the best kind of scary.
8. The Walking Dead: Speaking of zombies, why not catch up on this fantastic TV series that is sure to give you the creeps every episode.
9. Red Riding Hood: The newest movie with Amanda Seyfried was so well done, it still gives me chills when I watch it.
10. The Nightmare Before Christmas: Because why wouldn't you watch this at Halloween and Christmas. The best movie! (Though watch Corpse Bride and Frankenweenie while you're at it!)
What are your go-to Halloween haunts?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we discuss bookish topics every week. This week's to...
Through to You Author: Emily Hainsworth Published: October 2, 2012 Paperback, 272 pages 5 Gold Stars (summary from Goodreads) Camd...
Things I Can't Forget Author: Miranda Kenneally Published: March 1st, 2013 Paperback, 308 pages 4 Gold Stars (summary from Goodr...
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's topic is: Top 10 Favorite Authors In X Genre...