Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Goals for 2015


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish with a new topic every week. This week's topic is:

Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2015

There is only one day left in 2014 so now comes the time to make some resolutions for the year to come. Bookish goals are my favourite because I tend to actually accomplish more of them. So here are my resolutions:

1. Read 125 books. This year I read 133, so it this is certainly achievable.

2. Read more classic. This has been an ongoing goal for me and I've been able to keep up. It may seem small, but I'm so drawn to YA and easy reads that classics tend to be a mission for me. 

3. Finish series that I've started. I've had Champion on my shelf for so long and it's not the only one from a series that's been sitting unread, so here's to completing those!

4. Read the books on my To-Read shelf first. I really want to read books from my shelf instead of picking ones that aren't on it to read. 

5. Borrow more books from work. I work at a bookstore, which means I can read books for free instead of spending my hard earned money on them. Yes, there are many books I must have on my shelf, but there are some that I just want to read and give back, so I really need to stop buying all of them.

6. Review every book I read. I fell behind this year, but I was doing pretty well for most of it. It's a great tool to keep my writing fresh and my blog filled.

7. Reread at least one book this year. It's nice to take the time out of the new stuff and re-visit an old favourite. I'll have to do this at least once this year.

8. Read more adult fiction. As much as I love my YA, it is nice to go out the norm and into other genres sometimes. 

9. Join some book challenges. Because they are always fun and out of the box!

10. Become more involved in the blogging community. This blog is still so small and not very popular. Ir I put myself out there more, maybe it can become something more. 

What are your goals for the new year? Happy New Year all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts