Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they post a new topic that the participants come up with a top ten list for.
This week's topic is Books I'd like to see turned into movies or TV shows
1. Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent: By far my favourite series and I think it would make a great TV show. There are too many books to make movies out of them, but there's more than enough content there to get through some seasons, and even add some new content, I won't mind.
2. The Curse Workers series by Holly Black: Another fantastic series that would make a great show. There could be so much back story created with both Cassel and Lila and we could explore some of the tricks and mischief that happened before the series began.
3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I fell in love with this book, these characters, and Paris! This make a fantastic movie with so many amazing visuals and swoon worthy romance.
4. Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder: I read this book a while ago, but it's stuck with me since. This would make a great sci-fi movie for a younger audience with twists and turns and mysteries throughout it.
5. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: The world Meyer has built in these books would look fabulous on screen. The characters are sharp and strong and visuals play an important part throughout these books. I'd die if I got to see Cinder and Scarlett light it up in a theatre!
6. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi: Dystopians have become a hit with The Hunger Games and I think this one would make a great follow up after Divergent. The atmosphere would look great on screen, especially the Aether.
7. This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers: I need to have Summers on every list because she is such a great author. This zombie book is unlike anything I've read and it captures what teens would feel during an ordeal like this so perfectly. It would hit some people hard and it would be visually creepy and stunning.
8. Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella: By far my favourite stand alone from her and if they don't plan on making anymore Confessions of a Shopaholic movies, why not try another one of her books? They are all so funny and charming and would make the perfect rom-coms!
9. Shade series by Jeri Smith-Ready: I think this could make a good series, but it would also work well as movies. A world where people under 17 can see ghosts would look awesome on screen and I think it would be nice to be able to expand some character while still focusing on Aura. Maybe even have some of the first season be pre Logan death? There's a lot to explore in this world and I'd love to see it done!
10. True Believer by Nicholas Sparks: I had to put Sparks on here because the movies made from his books are always so wonderful. There is always so much love and heartbreak that it can be overwhelming, but sometimes that's what you need. This one is one of my favourites because of the ending and I think it would transfer well onto film (just like all his other books!)
I'd love to see any one of these books beautified on screen, either large or small, and if I'm lucky enough to see just one of them, I'll be happy. Any one have any doubles? I'd love to hear what you think and what your lists look like!