Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event, hosted by The Broke & the Bookish, where we talk about our top ten book related topics.
This week's topic is top ten book covers we wish we could redesign
1. Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder: This cover just isn't as strong as her other covers, covers that made me want to read the books right away.
2. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige: This book sounds amazing, but the cover lacks a lot. It's such a harsh title, I expected seeing a harsher cover.
3. Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano: This book was incredible, and although I do love the stars and trees on this cover, the model looks like a little girl and doesn't capture Morgan as much as I'd like.
4. The Shade series by Jeri Smith-Ready: Another great series, though the covers don't tell you anything about what you'll find in the books. There is no hint at ghosts or the paranormal world Aura lives in.
5. The redesigned Delirium covers: The first cover of Delirium was one of the reasons I picked this series up. It was shiny and this gorgeous blue and just tantalizing enough to make me curious about what was inside. These ones have just become another series with a pretty girl on the cover.
6. Cinder by Marissa Meyer: This cover almost stopped me from reading this book, though I'm glad it didn't. The other two covers so far are fabulous, and even though this makes a lot of sense to the story, I just don't like it that much.
7. Sever by Lauren DeStefano: Wither's cover was amazing! Fever's was less than perfect, but this one just lacks everything the other covers had. There were hidden treats in the other two, but this one just looks like the model is sitting in front of a green screen.
8. Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood: The original cover of Born Wicked was gorgeous, the redesigned one was pretty, but there's something about this one that I don't like. It doesn't seem magical enough.
9. The new Starters/Enders covers by Lissa Price: The last image is the original cover. So creepy right? This cover helped the story so much and the new ones just look blah.
10. The Paranormalcy series covers: Evie is an hilarious heroine. She loves pink, takes her TASER everywhere and doesn't take crap from vampires. I don't see any of Evie on these covers even though she graces all three of them. They're pretty yes, but just not right for this series.
Anyone agree? Disagree? I'd love to see your picks!