Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday: Gateway Books
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where we discuss and make lists about bookish topics. This week's topic is:
Top Ten "Gateway" Books/Authors In My Reading Journey (so your list could be a mix of a books that got you into reading, an author that got you into reading a genre you never thought you'd read, a book that brought you BACK into read)
1. Roald Dahl took me a lot of adventures as a kid. I'm still very fond of his books and know they helped me with my love of reading.
2. Sweet Valley made me crave a new book all the time as a pre-teen.
3. The Babysitter's Club kept my love of reading alive and well, and kept me eager for more.
4. The Hunger Games transported me back into YA books. I was reading a lot of chick lit and Nicholas Sparks, but after reading THG, I was thrown into a new world with new adventures and haven't turned back since.
5. John Green showed me that YA contemporary is just as much fun as YA dystopian.
6. The Lord of the Rings showed me what real fantasy was all about.
7. Rachel Vincent took me into a YA paranormal world that quickly left me craving more. The Soul Screamers series is still my favourite.
8. Marissa Meyer made me want to read every fairy tale re-telling there is.
9. Colleen Hoover has made me re-think the New Adult genre. Her books are amazing and real, much better than any other NA I've read.
10. I'm still waiting for the adult book that makes me want to branch out from YA. Though I may give Gillian Flynn another shot with Gone Girl.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we make booksih lists about bookish things. This week's...
Book #34: Before I Wake Author: Rachel Vincent Published: June 26, 2012 339 pages 5 Gold Stars WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO...
The Fill-In Boyfriend Author: Kasie West Published: May 5th, 2015 Paperback, 352 pages 5 Gold Stars (summary from Goodreads) When ...
Don't Touch Author: Rachel M. Wilson Published: September 2nd, 2014 Hardcover, 415 pages 5 Gold Stars (summary from Goodreads) ...