Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Since You've Been Gone


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature, hosted by Breaking the Spine, where we spotlight an upcoming release we are eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is:

Since You've Been Gone
By Morgan Matson
Hardcover, 464 pages
Expected release date: May 6, 2014

From Goodreads:

The Pre-Sloane Emily didn't go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn't do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—the one who yanks you out of your shell.But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just... disappears. No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There’s just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try... unless they could lead back to her best friend. Apple Picking at Night? Ok, easy enough.Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not? Kiss a Stranger? Wait... what?

Getting through Sloane’s list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this whole unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go Skinny Dipping? Um...


This looks like it will be a bittersweet story about a girl finding herself after her life changed. Not sure what else will happen in these pages, but I know Emily will find exactly what she needs. 

What books are you waiting for?

1 comment:

  1. I am excited for this one too! I loved Amy & Roger, but I won't let myself read Second Chance Summer (sounds way too sad for me!). I think this will be a nice blend of sad and sweet. Yay summer reads! Thanks for sharing ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-1Xc

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts